Best answer

monday.com error: Zap is likely to be missing a required field, or a field value wasn't in a recognized format: the app may return a 400 error

• 7 September 2022
  • 5 replies

I am trying to connect Unbounce to a Monday board and Gravity forms to a Monday board. I have all the access in the three of them. Both Unbounce and Gravity forms work on trigger. When I try to test Monday I get error 400, bad requesting:

“Your Zap is likely to be missing a required field, or a field value wasn't in a recognized format. For example, if a field in your action step is expecting an email address, but the value given is a name, the app may return a 400 error.”

Im trying to create an item everytime a form is submited… It seems to be working with any other board except that one.

Whenever I choose the board I only get in display the item name input instead of all the other columns like its supposed to. Definitely its a problem with my board. I have Owner access to the board, I already duplicated it and put it in a personal space and made it sharable and public and it still wont show me the column fields, therefore I get the bad requesting error (I assume).

Is there any board configuration I might be doing wrong in Monday that is not letting Zapier show all the fields? 

The action is “Create Item”, it is using my API Monday token.

Ex;

icon

Best answer by Danvers 22 September 2022, 16:04

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Update: I tried to add a second step to get the group ID from Monday and put that into the Group ID Column. (They were the same) still didnt work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @fernando cordoba!

It looks like this is a bug that some users are running into, I’m sorry about that. 

I’ve added you as an affected user on this bug. This lets the monday.com team know how many people are affected by it and we’ll send you an email when we have an update.

Sorry I don’t have better news for you today!

Hello, I’m having the same problem with Zapier not showing the Monday item ID as a field option. It’s showing the value as “null”. 
 Any update on this bug? @Danvers 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Puzzle 

We don’t have any update yet regarding the bug, but I can count you to the list of the affected user, so you can receive an email notification if any changes or updates are needed. 

Hello,

Also the same problem, any solution?