Question

Missing Shopify order data: Customer order count not retrieved

• 25 May 2023
  • 3 replies

I received an email that the issue was resolved, but it is not for me. I’m still not getting all order data from shopify through zapier, specifically customer order count. I tried reconnecting my shopify account, and I tried pulling in new data from shopify in my zap, but it still did not pull all of the data that I rely on.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @chriskj!

Hope you don’t mind but I’ve moved your reply out into a new topic since it seems to be more regarding missing data, than the “'NoneType' object is not subscriptable” error that was being discussed in the previous topic. 

I did some looking into this and found other reports from customers that mentioned that field stopped coming in around May 16. It looks like Shopify made some changes to their API on May 15 so I suspect that might be what’s caused that customer order count field no longer being received. A feature request has been opened to have that field added again so I’ve added your vote for that. We’ll notify you by email as soon as that field has been added back!

The only potential workaround I can think of would be if you were able to get the customer order count details added into order notification emails from Shopify. That way you could then use an app like Email Parser by Zapier to trigger from those emails instead. If that’s not feasible, then I don’t think there’s going to be an alternative workaround I can suggest here, since it’s likely due to a change on Shopify’s API itself that’s preventing them from sending this information over. 

If you are able to get the customer order count added to those emails and get that workaround in place please do let us know. I’d love to know whether that will work for you here! 🙂

Is there a timeline for getting this fixed?  I can’t believe that shopify / zapier would update the API and just “forget” to include the customer order count field.  This was a very important field for a number of zaps we have and subsequently broke.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @eblake2022 - thanks for asking!

While I don’t have an ETA on when this will be implemented it looks like you’ve been added to that feature request. This is the best way to stay informed if anything changes as we'll email you if this does go live. We’ll also be sure to keep this thread updated at that time. 

Sorry to not have better news here but definitely appreciate you flagging this in community!