Best answer

Odoo error: Authentication failed: Fault (code AccessDenied) occurred. Message: Access Denied

• 7 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Can anyone explain step by step how to connect Odoo self-hosted with Zapier? I'm having the same error again and again: Authentication failed: Fault (code AccessDenied) occurred. Message: Access Denied

This post was split from Odoo ERP Self Hosted error

icon

Best answer by christina.d 13 September 2022, 23:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @NicolasXRobles!

I’m sorry that you’re having trouble connecting your self-hosted Odoo account with Zapier, let’s see if we can get you up and running. 

A few things to remember before we get started:

• As you are using a self-hosted instance of Odoo, you need to use the OpenERP integration, not the Odoo CRM one
  • Use the same username/password you use to login. You can also create a brand new Zapier only user if you need extra security
  • Your ERP instance must be available from the wider internet (not just from your company/enterprise intranet).
  • We don't support https://mycompany.odoo.com accounts yet! Contact the Support team (using the Get Help form) if you have an account like that

Assuming that your account meets those points you should be able to connect to the Open ERP self-hosted integration. When you connect a new account in your Zap, you’ll see this screen:

To find your Base URL, if you login to OpenERP, you should see something like https://erp.mycompany.com/#menu_id=108&action=101 in your address bar. When you enter the base URL, only enter  https://erp.mycompany.com and don’t include any of the url after that. 

If you try that and are still having an authentication error message, the best thing to do is to contact Zapier support team as they will be able to take a closer look at your Zap with you. 

Thanks!

Hi @NicolasXRobles!

I’m sorry that you’re having trouble connecting your self-hosted Odoo account with Zapier, let’s see if we can get you up and running. 

A few things to remember before we get started:

• As you are using a self-hosted instance of Odoo, you need to use the OpenERP integration, not the Odoo CRM one
  • Use the same username/password you use to login. You can also create a brand new Zapier only user if you need extra security
  • Your ERP instance must be available from the wider internet (not just from your company/enterprise intranet).
  • We don't support https://mycompany.odoo.com accounts yet! Contact the Support team (using the Get Help form) if you have an account like that

Assuming that your account meets those points you should be able to connect to the Open ERP self-hosted integration. When you connect a new account in your Zap, you’ll see this screen:

To find your Base URL, if you login to OpenERP, you should see something like https://erp.mycompany.com/#menu_id=108&action=101 in your address bar. When you enter the base URL, only enter  https://erp.mycompany.com and don’t include any of the url after that. 

If you try that and are still having an authentication error message, the best thing to do is to contact Zapier support team as they will be able to take a closer look at your Zap with you. 

Thanks!

Thank you for your quickly answer. I do all theses steps correctly but I have the same message: Authentication failed: Fault (code AccessDenied) occurred. Message: Access Denied. 

Just to be sure...the “username” is the regular email address I use to login every day in Odoo?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @NicolasXRobles! Just stepping in for Danvers here. I see you submitted a ticket to our support team about this so I’ll encourage you to continue troubleshooting there so we don’t duplicate effort. However, I did some digging online and it looks as though there is a username object so that might be why you’re still getting this error. Some folks have tried “admin” as the username and that has worked. Perhaps this is a better question for the Odoo support team if you’re still struggling? 

Keep us posted - we want to make sure you’re good to go here!

Hey @NicolasXRobles! Just stepping in for Danvers here. I see you submitted a ticket to our support team about this so I’ll encourage you to continue troubleshooting there so we don’t duplicate effort. However, I did some digging online and it looks as though there is a username object so that might be why you’re still getting this error. Some folks have tried “admin” as the username and that has worked. Perhaps this is a better question for the Odoo support team if you’re still struggling? 

Keep us posted - we want to make sure you’re good to go here!

I tried like 10 times with my technical team and we can’t make the connection. I think is a Zapier problem because we use the correct base URL and we try with 3 users and the “admin” user that have all the permissions and the problem persist. We saw the Odoo log and there is no connection received for Zapier at anytime. I think that is a problem that Zapier can’t find the database since we don’t have the databases listed by Odoo official suggestion. Is there any way that the technical team helps me to set the database I want to connect manually?

Thank you for the answers and we are happy to collaborate to make this connection happens successfully because we have more than 200 clients that can use the Zapier - Odoo connection.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @NicolasXRobles - thanks so much for outlining that for us.

I double checked and it looks like my friends in support confirmed selecting a specific database from the connected base URL isn’t a supported feature at the moment. 😔 They did go ahead and create a new feature request for you though! While it doesn’t guarantee this will get implemented it does allow us to gauge future interest and ensures if/when this gets implemented you’ll be notified via email. 

We’ll also be sure to keep this topic updated as well if that occurs.

Sorry to not have better news for you here but we appreciate you flagging this in the Community!