Question

Clickup | Trigger Zap when task added to list from another list

• 18 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Is there a way to get a Zap to trigger when a task is added to list a from another list? It seems like the “New Task” trigger only works when a task is created in the list, not added. Any insight is appreciated!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @cpzap!

I wonder if the “Task Changes” ClickUp trigger could work for ya? 

Give it a shot and let us know! 🤗

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks for the suggestion! I had tried that but it seems like Zapier doesn’t recognize the task in the list if the task is added from and exists in another list. If I create a new task in the list I want to fire from then I can get Zapier to trigger. I really want to be able to trigger zaps from tasks that live in multiple lists.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @cpzap, I’m not too familiar with Clickup, but this page may give you some fresh ideas on how to go about setting up this Zap. Clickup appears to be a project management app, in a past life I was a project manager, Asana is also a nice option that has more trigger options at the moment. Jira is another cool option as well. Maybe give those a shot if you’re up for moving your tasks over from another platform.