Question

Azure DevOps Error: We're having trouble loading "Build Status' data.

• 19 September 2022
  • 7 replies

I am trying to build an action that runs whenever a successful pipeline build has run in Azure Devops. For this I use the build event, select the respective pipeline and project. When trying to select the build status the dropdown does not show any values but just an error. The build status should be Success. When entering Success as custom value I can go to the next step and test the trigger which results in an error due to an exceeding payload size.

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Qualia! Thanks for reaching out in community!

I went through and looked at the ticket and it appears OP was running to a bug in the Editor 😔. I see that it’s still open though so I went ahead and added you to the report so you’ll be notified once a fix is in place.

I might also recommend opening a ticket with my teammates in support to see about a potential workaround for this. Feel free to link them to this community thread as well so they’ll have some context. 🙂

Sorry to not have better news here but appreciate you raising this again!

I know this is old, but we have 1 zap that works, but when I recently went to add another zap, I get this same error. Any updates?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for sharing your experience with this @ShipBob, it’s always helpful to know what different users are seeing. 

There isn’t anything that I can add in terms of troubleshooting this issue so the best thing is to get in touch with our Support Team using the Get Help form. They’ll be able to take a closer look at the Zap and the logs that we have, so they’re in the best position to help you with this one. 

@Nihad Abou-Zid Could you please also contact the support team, so that they can look into this with you too. Thanks!

Hi @nicksimard 

I’m running into this same issue (presenting the same way) and I checked per your instructions. Currently We are set to allow all application connections: 

It doesn’t seem like this was the issue. For what it’s worth I have already been able to create zaps that connect to my ADO account with respect to boards and work items, and the list of builds/pipelines populates correctly, I just can’t get the Build Status list like @Nihad Abou-Zid mentioned.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Nihad Abou-Zid!

I did a little digging and I found an internal note about the authentication working but dropdowns not populating anything.

It provided this as a resource: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/organizations/accounts/change-application-access-policies?view=azure-devops#manage-a-policy

It may not look exactly like this anymore, but this was the reason given in the note I found. You need to allow third-party access via OAuth.

Can you see if this helps at all?

Hi,

no problem.

here a screenshot from the whole page:

I have listed the more technical information below that seems relevant to me.
response error:

{"success":false,"errors":["sequence item 0: expected str instance, NoneType found"]}

request URL: https://zapier.com/api/v4/implementations/choices/

status code: 400

Browser: MS Edge 105.0.1343.42

correlation-id: 632b1d9f-c8fb-4c00-bfab-6427d2940130
request data:

{"selected_api":"VisualStudioOnlineCLIAPI@1.7.2","authentication_id":35404606,"params":{"build_definition":"ProSaldoNet-CI","project":"83249f6b-ae76-45bd-be0d-8e93dfa6a82a"},"prefill":"build_status.value.displayValue","page":0,"system_context":{"gulliver":{"zap_id":"168176369"}}}

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @Nihad Abou-Zid! Sorry to hear you’re running into this!

Are you able to share a screenshot of the payload error you’re seeing and where? I know you mentioned that specifically and I was curious to see if it lined up with a potential feature request we have on our end.

Thanks so much!