Question

Azure Devops BuildStatus not loading

• 19 September 2022
  • 3 replies

I am trying to build an action that runs whenever a successful pipeline build has run in Azure Devops. For this I use the build event, select the respective pipeline and project. When trying to select the build status the dropdown does not show any values but just an error. The build status should be Success. When entering Success as custom value I can go to the next step and test the trigger which results in an error due to an exceeding payload size.

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @Nihad Abou-Zid! Sorry to hear you’re running into this!

Are you able to share a screenshot of the payload error you’re seeing and where? I know you mentioned that specifically and I was curious to see if it lined up with a potential feature request we have on our end.

Thanks so much! 

Hi,

no problem.

here a screenshot from the whole page:

I have listed the more technical information below that seems relevant to me.
response error:

{"success":false,"errors":["sequence item 0: expected str instance, NoneType found"]}

request URL: https://zapier.com/api/v4/implementations/choices/

status code: 400

Browser: MS Edge 105.0.1343.42

correlation-id: 632b1d9f-c8fb-4c00-bfab-6427d2940130
request data:

{"selected_api":"VisualStudioOnlineCLIAPI@1.7.2","authentication_id":35404606,"params":{"build_definition":"ProSaldoNet-CI","project":"83249f6b-ae76-45bd-be0d-8e93dfa6a82a"},"prefill":"build_status.value.displayValue","page":0,"system_context":{"gulliver":{"zap_id":"168176369"}}}

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Nihad Abou-Zid!

I did a little digging and I found an internal note about the authentication working but dropdowns not populating anything.

It provided this as a resource: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/organizations/accounts/change-application-access-policies?view=azure-devops#manage-a-policy

It may not look exactly like this anymore, but this was the reason given in the note I found. You need to allow third-party access via OAuth.

Can you see if this helps at all?