Learn to be a Pro at using the Zapier App Directory

• 23 September 2020
  • 0 replies
Learn to be a Pro at using the Zapier App Directory
Userlevel 4
Badge +1

One of the most overwhelming parts of using Zapier is figuring out where to start. Which apps should you use? How do you know what triggers and actions are available for those apps? There’s so much choice!

A great place for inspiration is our automation inspiration example Zaps. Here you’ll find a wide range of Zaps to suit your every need — whether you need help with managing projects, your social media, your emails, your calendar, and anything else you might think of.

But if you’re coming to Zapier with your workflows already mapped in your mind, you don’t need inspiration, you need to know what’s possible. The good news is that you’ll find everything you need over in our App Directory (or our Zapbook as it’s affectionately known around these parts).

The Directory

Let’s start with the directory home page. Here you’ll see the list of all 2000+ apps Zapier integrates with, broken into categories:

fSu98PerRf7SF3-KJ2FBsGjax8nWBU2WW8rxHh8dY08JmX7vZQwhJa170d61tP0xw7VLZPUcUvk-_jgAmtTrwNXwdUq7dP1L6vX4FAS5q6_0s9QnPWpqCLwGQG7kaYP6CA4H9O8S

You can dig in to each of those categories to find the apps that do what you need. You can also re-sort the page to look at our most popular apps, our premium apps, our apps still in beta, and our recently added apps.

This means that if you’re still deciding which apps work best for your business, and being able to automate your workflows is part of your decision-making, you’ll be able to see right away which apps you can use.

The App Integration Page

Should you want to dig even deeper into each of those apps, click through each one and you’ll be taken to that app’s integration page. Let’s look at the most popular app on Zapier, Google Sheets.

Right at the top of the page you’ll see a number of tabs:

O4bbZ5-oihKJSJbWxzXm-KRGRR5Cscoo3XNHvwK_sN4S261PHRl2p98Db9rt701HdC7NdnJKILarc489MUgA993-oCxOfu-Ktyw4bdlTcjLjw0dzJUIkB8cr1gYzFs55FdqxhIT-

On the Overview tab, you’ll find more detail about the app, such as a description and screenshots of the app, and related blog posts.

On the Tutorials tab, we’ve provided a list of tutorials to help you make the most of your Zaps using this particular app.

On the Alternatives tab, you can see other apps that Zapier integrates with that have the same functionality as this app.

On the Help tab, we display a list of help docs, from how to get started with this app, to common problems you might run into.

The Integrations tab shows all the things you can do with this app, and what else you can do when you connect it to other apps.

From this page, you can connect this app with any other app by selecting the app from the list below or by searching for it in the search box:

qMyEW17gfPV-eWEwHbGa74qxH0v6RKHvz59sp9pA696_YrQFE7vZMgH869digiNHLpyhbwbq3dsNPthmUiuiOqNGyenVnYLDygevJa47wwUBt7n_xy8lzHB5XY1Ov4awiQcVHErv

We’ve also made things easy for you by building templates for the most popular workflows, so you need only click the ‘Learn More’ button next to the workflow you’d like to use, and that will start the Zap for you, with the two apps and the right triggers and actions already in place:cMTM_RUa7TLIMk-g84vHyaCdmOV7kEQwcUomf3U7rrbNbkHgNoveaxJ8p5f5lw9MnxBKbRA0A1pTBJ98sh9MGDzV8b2V460NQG2W68kXIKHrIj04uEuO-Rb9ieOxNI5zY8pLiTH9

If you can’t find a Zap Template for your specific workflow, never fear! We’ve still made it easy for you to get your Zap started. At the bottom of this page, you can find all of the available triggers, searches, and actions for this app:

tU8itR3b01iaXWstku2VsCIMdt3_MgOBUIm1i0tN3Z5is8fGjAv9Ygk9GfwMU7ff8qwlE3LkoiwPzqrd23-SlhTLdv3SHgwzDx1ZMfmRQYSdOsF6D20TPrstqTUFvhDWSzSz254k

So, if you’re still in decision mode, and making sure what you want to do is even possible, you’ll be able to find that all in one place. And, to make things even easier for you, we have an app integration page for every single app available on Zapier.

The Two-App Integration Page

But, I know what you’re thinking - well, Laurie, that’s all well and good, but how do I know what I can do with the other app I want to use in my Zap? This is only showing me one app!

Well, if you head on back up to the top of the page and connect Google Sheets with one of the other apps, let’s say Facebook Lead Ads, you’ll be taken to another page.

d-50O_tHXRnCTgF5e9N0TRQmHBy9rBUaxgAHhwa6g2Q7Vg4zuHlavWLnDe4uSC-zK1KINnxVlSHZfUISgWi5ftaNv8wBU9v_r24cpacgHnyLymKW32XpClI8Qh0S6y7xHU1jtzY4

Here we get more specific to just the things you can do between these two apps. So, you’ll still have access to all of those pre-made Zap Templates you can use. And, if you head on down to the ‘Connect Google Sheets and Facebook Lead Ads in minutes’ section, you’ll see that list of available triggers and actions for both apps:

nSD9qDSDsSYsq4Ep2YTYPJnptcXfbKhkKyvT-dmZBJB6e98RvduxVrgP0G5wgp6VKwLlEZL998I4LW2OzO5Ybj5TuFy1Pl6NoNEypsv-KaE4XWgyO1UCBKWBoaoQasBvo6RLtKTr

From this same section, you can choose the trigger you want to use (1) and the action (2).

q92Dkp7yEHJQXW7NhUSfDVuPGoXyBAjNRyk-eecDDMm99wksocZsg47g_O0ThPLygbeIoVYecNkcXgnHtiYLvi12ItOrkIJ5vO-aQ_eFOUZwvKpVbN5qtfNtw8S7IGtuzKSAr81R

You’ll then see that big blue button. Go ahead and click it! This will create a brand new Zap Template with the trigger and action steps already built for you.

Once you start playing with these integration pages, you’ll very quickly become a master of how to find what you can do with Zapier, and let us do the work for you to help you quickly start and set up your Zaps. 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!