Hello everybody !
I recently wanted to get informations about my reviews in Truspilot.
Unfortunately, to get access to the API, you have to pay 120€/month, and it’s really expansive for a beginning company.
I recently noticed that, every time I get a new review, Trustpilot sends en email with al the informations.
So I decided to create a zap which extracts all important informations in the email such as :
- Client Fullname
- Client Firstname (in case your client left a review with "John Doe" pattern)
- Client Lastname (in case your client left a review with "John Doe" pattern)
- Rate (as a number)
- Review (I know that Trustpilot truncate the review, but the review can be really long before being truncated)
- Review link (the direct link to this review)
With this informations, you can do so many things in Zapier. For example :
- Send a Slack notifcation
- Populate a custom API via Zapier Webhooks
- add a new row in Airtable (or Gsheet)
- Create a new review in Webflow CMS (exactly what i’m using to add instant new reviews on my website)
There is the link of my zap. I added notes on every steps that needed to.
I have some tips for you :
- I highly recommend you to create a label called “Trustpilot” in Gmail, and create a filter to add all Trustpilot mails under the “Trstupilot” label (my filter just point to firstname.lastname@example.org). With that, you just have to select the label Trustpilot in Zapier when you select your account.
- Depending of the langage of your Trustpilot emails, you’ll have to change a word in Step 7 “Text with URL”, in setup action > Pattern. In French, “lisez” means “read”. So if you have english emails, you”ll have to change the word “lisez” for “read” instead.
This zap saved me so much time and money !
I hope it can help some of you :)
PS : To run this zap, you’ll need a paid account. But what is 20$/month Zapier vs 120$/month Trustpilot ?