Create an auto-responder Zap in Microsoft Teams

• 5 October 2020
  • 4 replies
Create an auto-responder Zap in Microsoft Teams
Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey Community, Krystina here from the Zapier blog! :wave_tone3:
The cool part of our job is that we get to play around and test Zaps we think will help users solve problems. So when we got our hands on the new Zapier app from Microsoft Teams, you bet the first thing I did was make an auto-responder!

If you’re tired of answering the same questions in chat, or hate coming back from time off to a ton of notifications, this tutorial is for you!

How to create an auto-responder (and other bots) in Microsoft Teams

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Great post! Thanks @Krystina Martinez 

Hi

Thanks for this.

I’m looking at an auto responder in Teams chat that turns on at my end of work day that reminds people that I have a life outside of the office. 

There are a few people that message me even though I remind them I have finished for the day.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

Thanks for this.

I’m looking at an auto responder in Teams chat that turns on at my end of work day that reminds people that I have a life outside of the office. 

There are a few people that message me even though I remind them I have finished for the day.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Hi there Scott! It looks like our blog mentions on how to create an auto-responder for when you’re mentioned. How are your coworkers reaching you when you are receiving these messages? Are they DM-ing you? I think our guide to create an auto-responder works when/if your username is mentioned only. Let us know and we’ll see if there’s a solution on how to help handle this!

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi! We do support a somewhat similar use case and I think that it could be integrated in just one workflow.

I think the weak point of this process is that, at the end, you have an OoO document where work requests will be very unstructured and hard to prioritize.

It would be better to have someone else look at these requests while I’m away so urgent stuff gets done.

Something you can do is use the Out of Office Assistant for JiraBasically, you appoint a delegate owner (a coverer) and every time you get work assigned, the issues are automatically sent over to the coverer.

You only need to think how you want to trigger the Out of Office rule in Jira. You can use Outlook, for example. On Teams, you could also setup a template like this one and use a channel for Out of Office announcements. If anybody wants to discuss such a workflow, I’d be happy to talk to them!

Here’s more info about Out of Office Assistant for Jira and how to try it.