Best answer

Sub-Zap "Missing Sample Data" when looking for calls

Userlevel 1

Situation

I use Acuity Scheduling to send a new scheduled appointment to a Sub-Zap. This includes data such as Email, ID, Name and so on. I have to use a Sub-Zap as I have different scheduling options on Squarespace and would otherwise have to create 3 separate zaps, that do the basically the same.

Problem

In my Sub-Zap, when I use the “Start a Sub-Zap”-Trigger and go to Test Trigger, I see only one Call listed with the correct fields I specified but the data is missing and if I call/test/whatever from the parent Zap it doesn’t get updated.

Would be happy to see this working.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by christina.d 13 July 2022, 03:31

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @bendan 

Good question.

Yes, configuring Sub-Zaps is a bit tricky.

As a workaround, why can’t you configure 3 separate Zaps as you mentioned?

What Zaps steps are you trying to use in your main Zap?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @bendan! Just wanted to check in here and see if you had decided to try Troy’s suggestion of using 3 separate Zaps, or if you came up with a different solution?🤔

Userlevel 1

To @Troy Tessalone & @TamRazzleDazzle I used as a Trigger Acuity Scheduling, then 2 custom code steps, a date formatter, a PUT request and an email step. But I just use 3 Zaps for now which works fine. Thanks for your quick response 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @bendan! Thanks for letting us know that the workaround Troy suggested was good for you. 

We do know that the Sub-Zaps ‘missing data’ is an issue and I’ve added you to the bug report for that issue, which means that we’ll email you if we have an update. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there! I wanted to swing by and close the loop here that a fix was merged for this bug and it’s officially closed! 🎉

Thanks for your patience and keep us posted with any questions.