Best answer

Having trouble triggering Sub-Zaps from Zaps

• 12 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Anyone else having trouble to trigger Sub-Zaps from Zaps? - I looks like it works but it doesn’t run the Sub-Zap at all, it doesn’t even show a Zap-history. The funny thing is that the Sub-Zaps works like a charm when I’m stepping in through manually… 

Calling a Sub-Zap
Inside the Sub-Zap
Successful when I’m stepping through the Sub-Zap… 

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove sensitive information. Please remember to obfuscate any personally identifiable information prior to posting as this is a public forum.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 12 August 2021, 17:04

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @JonasArvidsson 

Can you post screenshots of how the Sub-Zap is being called from the main Zap?

Check out this help article: https://zapier.com/help/create/other-functions/build-reusable-sub-zaps

Hi @Troy Tessalone, here’s a screenshot from the Zap.

I’ve read the article but it doesn’t work anyway. I have two “Sub-Zaps” they receive the input data but they only work when I’m stepping through the individual “Sub-Zap” manually. It doesn’t work if I’m testing the “Sub-Zaps” from the main Zap (seen to the left). Plus the Zap-history doesn’t show any results… 

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove sensitive information. Please remember to obfuscate any personally identifiable information prior to posting as this is a public forum.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JonasArvidsson 

In the Zap History, is the main Zap being triggered?

If not, then the Sub-Zap also won’t trigger.

@Troy Tessalone, so the “Sub-Zap” will only trigger if the Zap is triggered when it is “On” with a live trigger and not when I’m doing a manual test if that individual step?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JonasArvidsson

Here’s a help article about changing the trigger data for a Zap: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Manual testing requires testing each step of a Zap.

Sub-Zap is called by a main Zap.

For live data...

1. Sub-Zap must be ON.
  2. Main Zap must be ON.
  3. Main Zap must trigger.

Thanks @Troy Tessalone

For live data...

1. Sub-Zap must be ON.
  2. Main Zap must be ON.
  3. Main Zap must trigger.

solved it!