Best answer

Call a Sub-Zap: Not Loading All Sub-Zaps in The "Select Your Sub-Zap" field

• 30 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Has anyone else experienced this problem in the last week where previously working zaps that have “call a subzap” action can no longer load available subzaps (10+ available). In some cases, existing zaps with this action display the subzap id instead of its name and/or pointing to an incorrect subzap. 

In my case, problems started with the recent upgrade of subzap function where subzaps created before the upgrade were not available for selection (i.e. incompatible with the new version of subzap) but this was fixed by zapier. 

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by christina.d 30 June 2022, 19:15

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @t t.  Thanks so much for reaching out!

I double checked and can see you were able to chat with my friends in support, which is perfect. They confirmed this is a known bug with the SubZap integration. 😔 They did offer a workaround of adding the root ID of the Sub-Zap that you'd like to call as a custom value. We have a detailed explanation of how to do this, here: 

As you called out, I absolutely understand this isn’t ideal and truly can’t thank you enough for your patience. This has been brought to the attention of the team and we are actively working on a solution. Rest assured, once a fix is in place we’ll email you along with any other impacted users. We’ll also be sure to keep this thread updated as well!

Thanks again for flagging this and we’ll be in touch! 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for following up on this Christina.

For context, the work around of adding node id manually as a custom value is far from a being a feasible solution in our case as there are simply too many subzap calls to test and update.

I’ll continue to work with your support team as needed and await hearing some good news imminently.

Has there been any progress on this issue? Entering the Zap ID manually isn’t working for me. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks 👋

Sorry we missed your reply previously @USC. I’m happy to report that the bug report t t was added to was since closed. 😁🎉

For anyone that missed the automatic email notification about this bug report closure here’s the details from it: 

“You're receiving this message because you had an issue with the Sub-Zap by Zapier integration, specifically the Select your Sub-Zap dropdown in the setup of the app not listing your sub-zap correctly. This issue was a misconfiguration of the integration which didn't retrieve multiple pages of results from the API that powers it. We have fixed that now, so you should be able to click "Load More" in the dropdown if you don't see the sub-zap you want, and it will pull more results. Eventually it will notify you that it has retrieved all results and it cannot load any more.”

If you run into any issues on that or anything else Zap related please reach out to the Community again - we’re always here and happy to help!