This Week in Zapier - the week of May 4th

This Week in Zapier - the week of May 4th

Hey everyone!

Every week I send out a “This Week In Zapier” roundup to my mailing list. In it, I cover what’s new with Zapier, and surface interesting guides, resources and other useful bits for people that want to get the most out of Zapier.

This week’s edition has just gone out. You can see it here.

Want to join the mailing list. You can do that here.

Here’s what I covered this week:

Task History Refresh live for all users!

To make head-scratching (hopefully) a little less frequent when things go wrong with your zaps, Zapier has done a refresh, making it easier to filter issue types and date ranges.

It's also got much easier to see how many tasks your zaps are using each month.

Parsing information from emails into Zapier - the options

You probably have all sorts of services, sites and apps sending you transactional stuff by email. Wouldn't it be cool if you could get that data into Zapier and trigger a zap? Well, you can.

How to Use Bannerbear with Zapier to Auto Generate Instagram Stories

Bannerbear is an API for generating images. Pick a template and it will split out images with different texts, colours and background images.

One cool thing your business can do with it generates Instagram Story slides whenever you publish something on your blog.

Watch the recent AMA with VP of Engineering at Zapier, Doug Gaff

Hosted by Plato, Doug talked all about Zapier and what the engineering team have been up to.

What's everyone's favourite CRM? And how are you automating it with Zapier?

Capiche is a very cool new Q&A and discussion site for technologists. Recently, we decided to ask people what their favourite CRM is and how they automate it with Zapier.

We got some great answers.

Find out when your Twitter handle is mentioned

Using Google Alerts, an RSS feed and Zapier you can find out any time your Twitter handle gets mentioned in an article.

Also works for your name (or your competitor's) or any keyword you might be interested in.

The Big List of Zapier Hacks for Marketers

Way back in 2015, Buffer wrote a guide with lots of ideas for building stuff with Zapier. It's so good, Google still puts it up top when you go Googling for Zapier help.

That’s awesome that you mentioned Capiche! Did you know that the founding editor there, Matthew Guay, used to work at Zapier?

I just signed up and responded to a post (very clever that they make you respond to an existing question before you can skip the waitlist). I wonder if we could incorporate that somehow. Encouraging the answering of questions upon first sign-in. 

Also cool to see you mention Bannerbear. I’ve played around with it and I think it’s a super cool app. I wish I had a need for it that would justify paying for it haha.

Maybe I can come up with something :)

@nicksimard 

Yep, I first found them when they got the AMA with Wade going. Like you, I was so impressed with the onboarding process I stuck around and have asked and answered questions periodically since.

There is some *really* good, insightful debate going on over there. Anyone looking to create a community should be taking notes.