*New* Gmail integration improvements

Categories: App Integrations
*New* Gmail integration improvements

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing well and staying safe! We’re excited to announce that we’ve made some updates to our Gmail integration which you may find useful :)

1. New Labeled Email Trigger Updates

• The “New Labeled Email” trigger will now fire on any new labeled email (regardless of age) and supports up to 500 emails at a time. Previously, this trigger would only fire on emails labeled within 2 days of receiving them and was limited to the first 100 results sorted by age (most recently received first).
  • With this update, you’ll no longer need to double-check the date an email was received before labeling it or have concerns that you might be labeling too many. In fact, the trigger can even be used as an “export” (in some capacity) to connect your email data to other apps.
Just be sure you don’t go too overboard ;) 

2. Gmail Default Signatures

• You can now include your Gmail email/alias default signatures when using the “Send Email” and “Create Draft” actions. 
  • Instead of manually re-creating your signatures via HTML, copy/pasting them into your message bodies, and customizing workflows through filters, formatter steps, etc, you can simply choose a signature from a dropdown list on your Zaps! As long as each email/alias has a default signature configured in your Gmail account, they’ll be automatically included at the end of your emails when selected.
Signature HTML is paired with the corresponding email/alias in the dropdown

3. Multiple Attachments with Create Draft Action

• “Create Draft” action now supports multiple attachments. Rather than being limited to only a single attachment, you can now include multiple attachments so your drafts are ready to be sent whenever you need.

To start creating new Zaps with our Gmail integration, you can head here.

As always, please let us know if you have any questions, concerns or feedback––we’re always happy to help! Thanks again for being a part of the Zapier Community and looking forward to hearing what you think :) 

Best,

Matt Lukso

Zapier App Engineer

Very awesome update :)

Now that’s why I was never able to get it to work—the New Labeled Email trigger. 

Thank you! 

Can you show me how to open multiple Gmail accounts using a Zap?

Can you show me how to open multiple Gmail accounts using a Zap?

@Jessati58 Great question! Sorry for the delay here as well. I don’t often check my email and it appears this may have slipped through the cracks. In the future, the best way to get a quick response for these types of inquiries is to contact our support team directly for assistance :) 

That being said, it sounds like you might be looking to connect multiple Gmail/Google accounts to a single Zapier account? If so, all you need to do is select or sign-in to your desired Gmail/Google account(s) you wish to connect from the My Apps page or click “Add a new account” from the “Choose Account” step when configuring a Zap. You will then be prompted with a pop-up window to select an account (if you’re already signed in with the Gmail/Google account(s) on your browser) or you can select “Use another account” to sign into a new Gmail/Google account(s). Once authenticated, the Gmail/Google account(s) will be connected to Zapier going forward so you can use it in your Zaps! You should only need to connect the Gmail/Google account(s) once for them to be available for use in your Zapier account.

Please note you can only use a single Gmail/Google account per Zap as the trigger step. If you want to use the same trigger for multiple Gmail/Google accounts, then you can configure separate Zaps for each Gmail/Google account. 

Hopefully, this helps but please let us know if you have any other questions and we’ll be glad to assist!

Best,
Matt

Thank you Matt but I must have not been clear.  Let me paint the picture:

Every day, I sign into one of my email accounts and then click on my icon and say I want to open another email account.  This allows me to see my emails from each account by clicking on a Tab in my browser.   My question could I use a Zap so that it will open the second account.

Thank you Matt but I must have not been clear.  Let me paint the picture:

Every day, I sign into one of my email accounts and then click on my icon and say I want to open another email account.  This allows me to see my emails from each account by clicking on a Tab in my browser.   My question could I use a Zap so that it will open the second account.

@Jessati58 Thanks for the follow-up! I apologize my initial reply did not answer your question. If possible, I recommend submitting an inquiry to our support team so they can look up your Zapier account and dig into the specifics with you via a 1:1 email conversation :) 

I’m still not sure I fully understand the question but happy to try and help once more. It seems that you might be looking to use a Zap to automatically open your secondary Gmail account in a new browser tab/window after signing into your primary Gmail account? (Again, sorry if I’m missing the mark here!)

If this is the case, it’s important to note that Zaps are designed to automate data between your various apps (i.e. new labeled email in Gmail > log email in a spreadsheet) vs actions for the app itself (i.e. open my secondary Gmail account in a new browser tab/window after signing into my primary Gmail account). That being said, we do have some great resources for ways to efficiently manage multiple Gmail/Google accounts on our blog which you might find useful :) 

I apologize in advance if this still isn’t helpful regarding your question. If it’s still not quite what you’re after, I encourage you to submit an inquiry to our support team. That way, we can be sure you’re getting the exact information needed to answer your question :) 

Hello.
When I attach an image file in the email, the Content Id is not added in the headers, it is necessary to be able to refer to the image within the same email  with "cid:" and achieve the format I want. Do you plan to make this correction soon? Thank you.

Example:
Content-Type: image/png
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="1524822633229045762.png"

It should be something like:
Content-Type: image/png
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; 
ContentID: '1524822633229045762'
filename="1524822633229045762.png"