Improvements coming to our navigation

Categories: Product Updates
Improvements coming to our navigation

Hi folks, I’m Chris Geoghegan, a Lead Product Manager here at Zapier.

I'm excited to tell you about some of the improvements we're making to our navigation! In brief, the navigation will take up a lot less space on desktop devices and will be much easier to use on mobile devices.

You can expect to see these changes rolling out in the next couple weeks. Some of you may even see the new navigation now. Here's a preview of what to expect...

new%20desktop%202019-09-2522%20at%2022.47.29.pngThe primary navigation has been consolidated into a single, vertical menu on the left side of your screen. You can expand and collapse this menu, giving you a lot more space to work. If you belong to multiple accounts, you can switch between those accounts in the upper right corner. Your current task usage is visible directly in the left-hand navigation.

new%20mobile%202019-09-2522%20at%2022.48.15.pngLeft: default menu view, center: Primary Menu Expanded, right: Account Menu Expanded

We've significantly reduced the amount of space navigation takes up on your mobile device while also making it easier to use.

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback!

Fantastic work @geo! Congrats to you and the team.

Looking forward to seeing this go live.

If you want some honest feedback, feel free to enable it on my account: info@luhhu.com

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu Thank you! Unfortunately with the particular way this is rolling out to customers, I don't have the ability to give access to particular people. However, I'm hoping you won't have to wait long and we'd love your feedback!

The screenshots look cool @geo ... curious as to why launch/push features on a Friday? I assume people will have problems and support tickets will increase with interface changes like this.

Just a question from my old IT/Webdev days when we discovered that pushing anything live on a Friday meant we'd be working all weekend if there was a single bug etc.

That being said, I'm here 7 hours after you posted this here, and slightly disappointed to not see it rolled out to my account/server yet 🤣

@PaulKortman

My guess is it's gone out to 100 people this weekend, then 1,000 more next week and exponentially from there... something like that!

Support do work weekends I guess, and maybe they have less standard stuff to do and more time to look at any problems arising from this.

Hey Chris (@geo)!

Happy to send you on the forums, and congrats on the launch! I'm a big fan of it visually and seems to be a nicer UX.

It's really nice having Zapier's product team more and more on the forums. Posts like this are greatly appreciated. Keep up the great work team!

Thank Geo,

Will there be an option (in the near future) for Experts to help their customers (read: access their accounts) without them upgrading to a team account?

It would be great if our customers could give us some sort of access to support them by flipping a switch in their settings and selecting one of the (active) certified experts to be allowed access.

Thanks!

@PaulKortman you're absolutely correct about Friday launches. In this case, we actually launched the feature to a small subset of customers earlier in the week and we've been rolling it out slowly. We'll be rolling it out to even more this week, so hopefully you won't have to wait long. Thanks for your patience!

@alex glad to hear you like what you see. We will definitely be sharing more product updates in the community, so stay tuned.

@Arnoud This is definitely something we know that is important to our Experts! While I don't have an ETA for you on when this particular feature will be addressed I know we're ramping up on making improvements to the Experts program in this and various other ways. Sorry I don't have something more concrete for you.

I appreciate the changes I’ve been seeing lately. The new design is rather nice. I will say, the expanding/contracting menu on the left side drives me nuts. I roll over it ‘on accident’ all the time and it’s become a huge nuisance. I find myself trying to avoid moving my mouse over it instead of focusing on my Zap creation which is a bummer. I wish it required a click to expand.