Announcing Zap Sharing via Email

Categories: Product Updates
Announcing Zap Sharing via Email

Hi everyone! My name is Brian Wendt, I'm a frontend engineer on the sharing team here at Zapier.

We've released a new feature for Shared Zaps allowing you to share your Zap with someone via email. Check out the screenshots that follow to get an idea of how you can share your Zaps using this new feature.

When you share a Zap and have generated your share link, give that "Email" button a click.

share-via-email.png

Put in your pal's email address and your custom message, then hit "Send".

share-via-email-settings.png

Once it's sent you'll see a nice confirmation message.

share-via-email-sent.png

You might consider just emailing the sharing link directly to your pal, but then they'll miss out on this awesome email with a custom message from you, the Shared Zap creator!

share-via-email-email.png

We hope you'll find this feature useful in spreading the word on the awesome Zaps you're creating! If you have any questions or feedback please do let me know. We've got lots of exciting sharing features in the works and we'd love to hear what you think!

Happy sharing!

Congrats to you and the team @BrianWendt - really cool stuff!

It would be pretty cool. I tried to share a zap, and couldn't...

My particular zap I'm sharing says that it is "using an old version of <app name>" and "Uses a private app CloudConvert"

Not sure what is meant by "old version"

Also, don't understand why it thinks CloudConvert is a private app, since it's not.

Explanation of some restrictions?

I'm sorry that you trouble sharing your Zap, @Matt.

Could you let us know which app was using the 'old version'? Usually that means that there's a newer version of the app available on Zapier, and the previous version might not have the same functionality. Often when a new version of an app is released, the old one will be phased out - if you're already using it you can continue to do so, but it wont be possible to make new Zaps with it.

CloudConvert does have a public app on Zapier, could I double check whether you're using a private Beta or anything like that? Thanks!

Sharing set up instructions…
I tried putting notes in the description prior to sharing a zap and they don’t seem to carry over.
Is there any plan, or could there be a way to send a short note with the zap that would be able to be seen after the zap is set up?
I’m shooting videos for a course and including the share zap, so not an immediate need, just thinking out loud.