Question

Creating Twitter Threads from Blog Articles?

• 1 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey There! 

I am thinking through how I can create this and would love some creative mind with me on this. I am wondering how I can turn my blog articles into twitter threads. I see that you can post to twitter but not necessarily make a thread for that same post? 

Ideally, I am wondering if we need to use AI at all to have it read the blog to select a few tweetable sentence. I was looking into AI by zapier, but I wasn’t sure if that was the best route to go. Does anyone have any tools they recommend that can do this? Of course, also integrate with zapier?

My goal is to have the following workflow

Blog article → ai picks and selects a few sentences → posts to twitter 

OR 

Blog article → breaks it down to mini tweets (we could use formatter by zapier) → then posts to twitter as a thread, not individual tweet. 

What are your thoughts on this?

3 replies

Userlevel 1

What a great concept Tina!  I’m not much of a Twitter user (maybe I should be) but would you want this to automate this with caption & hashtags and schedule and post?

Userlevel 1

I can do that part, it’s mostly create threads within the original post itself. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Tina Lopez!

You could look into Typefully, which recently launched a Zapier integration :)

More info on their website. Hope that helps!

Side note: Twitter threads don’t typically work AS well if they seem like blog posts that have been chopped up. So, while you COULD automate it, I don’t know if it will be as effective. Might be worth playing around with though :)