Best answer

How can I use Zapier Loop to format an itemized order?

• 2 August 2022
  • 5 replies

I am trying to post new shopify orders to Monday.com via Zapier. For each new order, Monday.com will create an item in the board. However, when I try to use Zapier Loop for each item in the order, unformatted result come out. 

What I expect the result should be like:

iterate 1:

name: Selena Modular…

quantity: 1

SKU: m710…

Price: 3499.00

Variant: Fabric/….

Properties: 

iterate 2:

name: xxxx

quantity: 1

SKU: xx…

Price: 3499.00

Variant: xxx

Properties: 

Here is what I get from test:

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 3 August 2022, 20:29

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @harveysun 

Good question.

You need separate fields for each data point you are trying to use in the line items to Loop.

Looping help articles: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

Thanks for follow up, here is what I got after I followed your instruction. I declared five values, I did get five values, but one value was missing and it generated another one:”Item Name_Chaise” and “Item Name_weeks”.

Values I set
Test result

When I try to use the data generated by the Loop to create a subitem inside Monday.com’s Board.

This is the test result from creating a subitem. I think the result is not quite right. And I only recieve one subitem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@harveysun 

Help article that will explain the issue related to how some of the line item data values are formatted which is resulting in Named Variables:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@harveysun 

NOTE: Line Items are split based on comma delimiters, so if a Line Item Parameter Value includes a comma you can encounter unexpected results with the number of Line Items returned from the Looping app.

SKU has a null value for the last Line Item.

Properties has null values for each Line Item.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@harveysun

Make sure to review the help article for using the Looping: https://zapier.com/help/create/other-functions/loop-your-zap-actions

When you test this action, the Zap will only create the first loop.
It will not create any other loops during the test.