If the text string contains either / or & then the outgoing data is blank

This will / not & work

This will work

i have tried escaping the characters using /\ and /&. but this does not work

Anyone have any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by SamB 28 February 2022, 10:19

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Commissionly 

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configure in order for us to evaluate and advise, thanks.

Userlevel 1

This is the loop in the Zap

This is the end points response - notice the Test%20&2 which looks likely to be the issue, I need to send the text without the %20

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Commissionly 

Do you mean there is an issue with the Looping app in your Zap or with another Zap step?

Can you provide screenshots with how each of your Zap steps are fully configured?

The %20 is an encoded value for a space, and escaping is down with a backwards slash \

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Commissionly,

Is it that the second and third loops (containing / and &) are not being run when testing in the Zap Editor? Or are they also not being run when the Zap is switched on and runs live?

I ask because when testing in the Zap Editor we’ll only run through the first loop when a test is performed. To test out all the loops you’d need to switch on the Zap and run a live test by triggering your Zap to confirm that all loops will run successfully even if they contain a / or & character.

Hope that helps! :slight_smile: