Best answer

Zillow error: this account is not authorized to execute this API call

Userlevel 1

I am trying to pull home value from zillow and I am getting an error "Error: this account is not authorized to execute this API call"

icon

Best answer by HiNeighbor 25 August 2021, 20:25

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 1

The "Zillow error: this account is not authorized to execute this API call" typically indicates that your Zillow API credentials or authorization are not set up correctly. To resolve this issue:

1.  Double-Check API Key: Ensure that you've accurately entered your Zillow API key in your application or code. Make sure there are no typos or extra spaces.
  2.  Account Verification: Verify that your Zillow account is in good standing and that you have the necessary permissions to access the specific API endpoint you're trying to call.
  3.  API Documentation: Review Zillow's API documentation for any specific requirements or limitations related to the API call you're making.
  4.  Rate Limits: Check if you've exceeded the rate limits for your Zillow API account. Zillow may restrict the number of calls you can make in a certain time frame.

By addressing these points, you should be able to resolve the "not authorized" error and successfully execute your Zillow API calls. Here find more information on zipcode API.

Userlevel 1

The "Error: this account is not authorized to execute this API call" message typically indicates an issue with your Zillow API credentials or the specific endpoint you are trying to access. Ensure you have a valid API key and that it is correctly included in your API requests. Double-check the API documentation to verify if the endpoint you are trying to access requires specific permissions or additional authentication. If the problem persists, reach out to Zillow support for assistance, as they can help troubleshoot and resolve the authorization error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks so much for keeping the community updated, @HiNeighbor

Userlevel 1

For anyone else who stumbles across this thread in the future. It looks like Zillow has disabled public access to this API and now run public record and Zestimate API calls through their “Bridge API” requiring you to work with their Bridge Interactive team to get access.

I have no idea what cost or limitations look like at the moment.

https://www.bridgeinteractive.com/developers/zillow-group-data/

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@jcsz8430 have you tried reaching out to Zillow to ask if their API is still up and running?

I too am getting the same error message. Does the Zillow API still work? I cannot even edit my API information on my account settings page as there is no option to do so.

I’m running into the same issue with Postman and all of the settings have been checked from the Account Settings.

@djsRealtorMan djsRealtorMan: How were you able to resolve this issue? What is the app you are referring to, and did it work on Postman finally? @David Mercer  Any pointers to make it work on Postman?

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

David, I tried the Zillow app you sent, and it worked.  THANK YOU!!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Shooting in the dark here, but here are some other Zillow APIs ti try: 

GetDeepSearchResults.htm

url = "http://www.zillow.com/webservice/GetDeepSearchResults.htm")

Arguments
address    The address of the property to search. Required.

citystatezip The city+state combination and/or ZIP code for which to search. Required.

rentzestimate Return Rent Zestimate information if available (logical, default: false).

zws_id    The Zillow Web Service Identifier. Required.

url    URL for the GetDeepSearchResults Web Service. Required.

Found these on https://rdrr.io/cran/ZillowR/man/GetDeepSearchResults.html

Userlevel 1

I have 3 different login for Zillow.  This login (see attached) shows that I have APIs configured, but I think the API I need is the “Get Search Results”  which isn’t even an option when I try to EDIT MY APIs (See Attachment).  Again I appreciate your efforts!!

Userlevel 2
Badge

I noticed you do not have any of the “Select API(s)” checked.  I found an article where this resolved the issue “I ended up figuring it out. I had to go back to "My account settings" then clicking on "Edit API information" then click on all the APIs I wanted access to and click save. About after an hour I was able to make calls to the Zillow API.”  https://github.com/hanneshapke/pyzillow/issues/22

Userlevel 1

Hey David Appreciate you trying to help me.  I have tried 3 or 4 different zws-id (Literally copied and pasted the ID from the email) and also put city+state+zip , city+zip and none work.  Same error, it is my opinion that Zillow has either done away with the GetSearchResults API or you have to have a higher than basic level of Zillow access.  I am trying to reach Zillow to find out why the API is not available in my setup (See below)

Userlevel 2
Badge

Your setup looks correct with the exception city and state.  Both of these are required. Using just one will not work.  The error however indicates an Zillow Web Service Identifier error.  Most likely unrelated.  Make sure the zws-id is correct (case sensitive).  

David

Userlevel 1

here is the Error Message.  

Userlevel 1

I understand that, I have it setup I thought correctly but I get an error when I test the API Call.  See Attachments.  Would love to see how you have it setup. 

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal or private information. Please remember that the Zapier Community is a public forum and do not include any personal information in your posts. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Zillow requires an API Key they call “zwsId” to be able to use their API.  Take a look at how to get this and understand how to use their API:  https://www.zillow.com/howto/api/APIOverview.htm

I have create a custom Zap for Zillow, I would be happy to share if you can provide your email address through a direct message to me…

David