Best answer

Zendesk and JIRA Integration

• 2 April 2020
  • 3 replies

I’m trying to connect Zendesk to JIRA to when a linked JIRA to Zendesk ticket is updated, the Zendesk ticket is also updated. 

I’m specifically looking to update status and comments. 

Can this be done?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 8 April 2020, 23:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jguerra!

I wasn’t super clear on that particular part of the workflow. My apologies! On that Ticket field, you can choose Custom then map the ID field from your search step:

For your search step, did you manage to use a query that gets you the exact ticket you need to update? In other words, is there something that connects the Jira issue and the Zendesk ticket? Do they use the same title or something? If you have a custom field in Jira where you could add the Zendesk Ticket ID, that would allow you to do away with the search step.

Not sure if your current workflow allows for something like that. How do the Jira issues get created?

Hey @nicksimard thank you for the suggestion. So far I have 3 steps, please see screenshot below. The second step queries for group:”GROUP NAME HERE”. When I click on Send Data it finds one of the latest tickets, which is good, I think.

Now on the third step, I am stuck on how to dynamically pass the Ticket(s)

The Ticket field is required, however, Zapier makes me select only 1 ticket when I really want this Zap to update Zendesk tickets dynamically and not with the required Ticket I have to enter. 

Thanks for the help. Let me know if you have any ideas. I appreciate it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there!

I checked the Update Ticket action for Zendesk and it does appear that those fields are available:

The first part of your Zap will require that the JIRA issue have the Zendesk ticket ID in a field, or that you use a Find Ticket step between your JIRA trigger and Zendesk action. If you need help with either of those, please let us know!