Question

Can we automate filling in HTML form fields and then submitting the form?

• 2 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Is there a way with an app to send data from zapier to a website form and submit it? Eg some way to automate theporcess of filling in html form fields and then submitting the form.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jam223 

Good question.

Think of Zaps as back-end server to server automations between apps.

What you’re seeking is front-end automation, which is different.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @jam223! I echo what Troy said here but I wanted to ask more about your workflow. What are you wanting to automate that would cause you to automate the filling out the website form? Where would the information come from that you want to use in your form? And then where would the data go after the form is submitted?

Once we have that information, we can start to brainstorm other ways you might be able to go about this! 🙂

My workflow is pretty simple. I have data I need to send to another app my client is using to track candidates. This software does not have a public API or zapier integration. On their website is a form and this is integrated with their applicant tracking software (their head office did the leg work to build an integration). So my idea is to simply automate filling out the form with data from a different app. is that possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for sharing that, @jam223! So cool someone in the office was able to build this out for you!
That said, unfortunately without a public API, Zapier won’t be able to help with this. 😣

The only other thing I can think of is potentially switching your form app to Wufoo. It’s one of the only form apps we support that actually supports creating a form submission. I totally understand that may not be possible though. 

I’m sorry to not have better news here but definitely appreciate you raising this in community!