Best answer

Zap between Mailchimp and Gmail not working (Gmail won't send messages when the zap triggers)

Hi Zapier-Team,

my zap which is supposed to link new Mailchimp-entries and an automatic G-Mail-Message is not working (its called Thrive Leads -> Gmail in my account). Testing the zap works, but everytime I use the trigger GMail tells me that the message could not be delivered. For some reason Gmail doesn’t seem to accept Zapier, althrough “testing” the Zap works just fine. Can you help?

Best regards

Stefan

icon

Best answer by Stefan B 4 May 2020, 18:26

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

There we go! Great to hear @Stefan B.

Greetings back from NL and have a great day!

Hi Bjorn,

thank you for your reply. Sure.

This is the trigger I set in Gmail: http://prntscr.com/sasc6w

This is what the customized E-Mail fields look like: [removed] & [removed]

This is how the test looks like http://prntscr.com/sashlj

And this is the error I get from Gmail http://prntscr.com/sasj09 → its in German but it says that “There has been an error. The message could not be sent”, although the E-Mail itself (title, text, custom fields, even the Mailbox label are all perfect). This happens every time, no matter which E-Mailadress I use to sign in in MailChimp → it always results in this error message, although the Zapier test has been “successful.

I really hope, you can help 🙂 Thank you for trying!

Best regards

Stefan

Screenshot links were removed by a moderator as the image contained personal information. Please be careful not to include personal/private information in your Community posts. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thank you for the info! It looks like everything is setup correctly, but I still suspect a configuration error.

Could you try to set some fields statically and run the whole workflow “live” again? For example change the “To” field to something statically first.
Some other thing I expect it could be is the HTML. Try to send a plain body instead, run it live and see if that works. Maybe the font you are choosing is not working properly.

Let me know!

~Bjorn

Sure, thank you for your thoughts. I have now tried the following things:

• Setting up the “to”-field statically → same error
  • Changing the “from”-name → same error
  • leaving out the “reply to”-field → NO ERROR / It works!

Appearently I shouldn’t have put in the “reply to”-field at all.

Thank you so much, Bjorn :-)

Have a nice day and greeting from Germany!

Screenshot link was removed by a moderator as the image contained personal information. Please be careful not to include personal/private information in your Community posts. 

Sure, thank you for your thoughts. I have now tried the following things:

• Setting up the “to”-field statically → same error
  • Changing the “from”-name → same error
  • leaving out the “reply to”-field → NO ERROR / It works!

Appearently I shouldn’t have put in the “reply to”-field at all.

Thank you so much, Bjorn :-)

Have a nice day and greeting from Germany!

Screenshot link was removed by a moderator as the image contained personal information. Please be careful not to include personal/private information in your Community posts. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Stefan B ,

To get some more details on this challenge, could you make a screenshot and share it with us, on the Gmail fields you are using? 

Thanks!

~Bjorn