Question

Xero tax invoice issues

• 22 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Has anyone setup Zaps between Xero and Stripe/PayPal that issue the right (tax) invoice upon successful payment?

We take payment plans for my online course, and have worked out how to create a zap from Stripe/PayPal to Xero (so that our accounting isn't messed up)... BUT GST is an issue.

I charge Aussies GST and nobody else. Yet half my students are American/Canadian.

Do you just set all the invoices to draft and then fix this manually?

Do you charge everybody GST? (I'll be honest, I'm tired of paying the government more than I need to)

What is the solution? Is there a special code to put in the zap?

Please don't say "Ask your accountant"! We have a fab accountant, who sent me the links to understand zaps - but this is a question which has come up today (Sunday) when my course doors open Monday morning!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Coach_Cat ,

It sounds like a pretty advance topic / request you have here. I do not completely understand your setup or questions here, but what you might be able to do:

• Receive information from your student, check where he/she is from
  • Make some filter, which is true or false
  • Use a path to either create in GST or not

Since the timeframe, urgency and knowledge required here I would advise you to hire a Zapier expert. They (we) got the knowledge & time to work with you on this from the start design to end product.

Feel free to contact me or any other expert if you like. Hope the above helps you!
~Bjorn

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Coach_Cat 

Just checking in. Were you able to get this sorted?