Question

How do I create a webhook to automatically pull a new Xero invoice URL into an external database?

• 25 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

This question has been asked before but never been answered effectively.

Can anyone provide instructions for creating a webhook zap to automatically pull the client-facing Xero invoice URL into zapier / into our external database, after a New sales invoice trigger fires in Xero?

Or possibly offer a practical alternative to solve this automation?

Warm regards,

Tristan

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Tristan Scifo 

I don’t see Zapier has any direct action for getting invoice URL, however, Xero has API documentation on how to retrieve the URL for an invoice.

https://developer.xero.com/documentation/api/accounting/invoices#retrieving-the-online-invoice-url

You can use Webhook by Zapier to get the data.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @robschmidt! Would you be up for breaking down the webhook setup for @Tristan Scifo? It sounds like they’re asking for instructions on how to set this up. Let us know!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @jesse, you’re right, I do need someone to break it down for me. Their API script does mention this webhook directly, but the script doesn’t make sense to me.

@robschmidt, I can’t work out how to set up authentication on the Xero webhook. I’ve done it with other services before, but it seems really unclear in the documentation. And I don’t know what specific features to include / not include in the zap once authentication is complete. Any help would be appreciated.