Best answer

Xero Invoice and Account Code

• 17 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, 

I am trying to set up a Shopify and Xero zapier integration for whenever an order is paid it creates a Sales Invoice in Xero. My current issue is related to the Account Code aspect of the Xero zap. If I have multiple products in an order, they have different Account Codes such as ‘Merchandise’ or ‘Mixed Packs’. However, in the Account Code section, I can only select one option. 

I have tried to use the Formatter zap before the Xero zap to create a lookup table based on the products purchased and then use that field in the Account Code section, so that it would print both Account Codes depending on the product. However, it says the following: 

A validation exception occurred, Account code 'MERCHANDISE' is not a valid code for this document., Account code 'SALES - MIXED PACKS' is not a valid code for this document.

I have triple checked that these codes are written exactly as they are in Xero. 

Does anyone have any tips on if this method can work or if there is a better method to integrate Shopify orders into Xero? 

Thank you in advance - hugely appreciated! 

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 17 December 2020, 13:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @ryansparkke 

The good news is - you’ve got the Lookup table set up just right.

However, for the account codes, on the right column, instead of using the written names of the different accounts, you need to use their associated numeric codes:

Then it should work.

If you need any extra help, feel free to contact me.