Question

Work flow to create new Drive folders from Sheets + update Sheets when new file is created in those folders?

• 13 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I've created a ZAP that creates Drive folders every time I add a row to Google Spreadsheet + add the link to crated folder to the same row. The ZAP will create around 100 new folders. 

Now, I need to create a work flow that if a new file is added to any of those new folder, a ZAP will update corresponding row in the Spreadsheet as "uploaded" status.

Is that possible to do that?? I know I can't do it in one ZAP since I can't do two triggers - is there another way to do it?

Thanks! Barak 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Baraktur!

It should be possible but you’d have to use multiple Zaps to accomplish that. Just to make sure I understand your desired workflow, can you clarify something for me? I get that you’re adding rows to your spreadsheet, which then creates folders. For the files, are you going to add these rows into a different worksheet? 

The tricky-ish thing about the trigger for this is that you’ll want to use New File as opposed to New File in Folder since the latter only lets you pick a single folder. That means you’ll then have to add a filter so that only files added to the folders you care about will end up being added to the Google Sheet.

Another tricky point is that the folder name isn’t provided in the trigger data. Only the ID (which you can also see in Google Drive when you navigate to that folder, on the web). This means there are a couple of ways to approach the filter portion. Do you need the folder name at all?