Best answer

Will Salesforce’s Update Record action overwrite values in blank/unmapped fields?

• 22 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

There are a lot of posts and articles that get quite close to answering this question, but don’t quite state with the certainty I’m looking for.

With the Salesforce Update Record action, do you have to map ALL fields to prevent existing fields that might have data being overwritten with blank/empty/null values?

OR does the action only update the fields on the record that you map, leaving others with their existing values?

Thanks,

Ross

icon

Best answer by robschmidt 22 October 2021, 04:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Thanks - good to get that confirmation, and yes I have now tested and everything is working as I’d expect :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @ross.hopkins 

In almost all cases, the update action only changes the values of the mapped fields, fields that aren’t mapped will have the existing value.

Why don’t you go ahead and test out a Salesforce update action manually through zapier, it will help you understand this totally.