Question

When creating the contact in HubSpot, the email is empty

• 30 November 2022
  • 8 replies

When my workflow in bubble started running get the data correctly but when startes create the contact in hubpsot the email is empty and this is the data that get in hubspot

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @clients mavity 

Good question.

In your Zap Runs, check the DATA OUT for the Zap trigger step: https://zapier.com/app/history/

The {{placeholder}} means either:

1. Data point was blank/empty/null
  2. Data point name has changed and needs to be remapped

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

When zapier extract data frtom bubble show correctly the email. but when the data into in hubspot the email not show correctly and that do the contact’s email in hubspot is empty 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@clients mavity

Zap Run DATA OUT shows “email”

Mapped variable shows “email text”, so that variable likely needs to be remapped.

@clients mavity

Zap Run DATA OUT shows “email”

Mapped variable shows “email text”, so that variable likely needs to be remapped.

How i can remapped.?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@clients mavity You can do that from the zap editor of the zap. 

Try loading in a new sample from the trigger step or you can pass the value using the “pill” i.e {{175214990__email}}

i tried with pill {{175214990__email}} but show me this

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@clients mavity It may be that the live data is not the same as the sample data. You would need to look through a few instances of the Zapier History to determine that.  

it could be that {{175214990__email}} is only filled in live runs && {{175214990__email_text}} is filled in the sample. Since, the trigger is an instant trigger, the method Zapier uses to run live vs how Zapier polls sample data might be different resulting in different sets of fields..

It could also be that both do exist… just not always.. examining more instances of the Zapier Run History would be the only way to figure that out for sure. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @clients mavity! Just chiming in here. If you’re unable to get this working after re-testing your trigger and then deleting the existing “email” item from the email field and re-selecting it, the next best step for you would be to contact our support team, here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help 

They should have more insight to offer as they can dig a little deeper than we can! Keep us posted on how things go. 🙂