Best answer

Why isn't HIPAA compliance supported?

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

44 replies

We are working on integrating into Zapier and have been embedded the last 18 months in one of the largest, most respected healthcare systems validating numerous use cases. There definitely is a change going on in healthcare with things like SMART on FHIR and having a platform like Zapier accessible in this environment will add enormous value to both the healthcare system and Zapier. Please add my vote. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for your message @Nicolette I’ve let our team know that you would like to see Zapier become HIPAA compliant.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@jeffbonasso-ambifi thank you for sharing your specific use case and context. I have included this information and added you to this request. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Solas, welcome to the Community! :)

No update to share on this at the moment, unfortunately. I’ve passed on your comments and vote for Zapier to become HIPAA compliant. We’ll be touch via email with any updates!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @Leo Magalhaes and @Maggieh! Absolutely! I’ve got both of your votes added to that request. We’ll keep in you in the loop via email if and when this gets implemented. 🙂

Count us out too. We have very big campaigns to automate for and HIPAA compliant tools are the only way we will. Does anybody have an alternative to Zapier that is HIPAA compliant?

Count us out too. We have very big campaigns to automate for and HIPAA compliant tools are the only way we will. Does anybody have an alternative to Zapier that is HIPAA compliant?

@The Automator 

Your only viable option is pretty much having an integration built between the two (or more) respective applications using their API’s you wish to integrate. We only use Zapier for non-HIPAA related matters, and even then due to Zapier costs and limitations in delays in tasks, some integrations a better done ourselves via those respective API’s.

Zapier, 

Is there an update on HIPAA compliance certification? If not, please add my vote to the list. 

Thank you, 

William

I agree, tray io is Hipaa compliant but doesn’t have as many connectors,

Microsoft flow ditto - and I love what that platform and connectors can do!

Zapier needs to look at the competition and invest in HIPAA compliance or they will lose out. It has more connectors at present but lack of HIPAA means it can’t be used for many businesses.

Hi @SamB / @christina.d any updates on when the Zapier integration would be HIPAA compliant? If not, would Zapier be willing to sign a BAA with an organization? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@The Automator and @akhp we have your interest recorded for this. Unfortunately, no updates as of yet. I am going to close this thread until we have an update to share but please feel free to direct follow-up questions around this topic to our support team and they can help in the meantime: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @uuainsuranceplans! I don’t have any updates to provide at the moment but I did go ahead and share your thoughts with the team. We’ll be sure to keep you posted when and if we hear more about this. 🙂

Any updates on this

am going to have to leave and love Zapier !

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Solas. While I’m sorry to say, we don’t have any updates to share at the moment we definitely appreciate you checking back in. We’ll be sure to keep you and all the interested users in the loop though when and if this does go live. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Chris Topinka - I have added your vote! You will be contacted via email should we have an update. 

Let us know if you have any additional questions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ricardo111!

Totally understand where you (and the others above) are coming from and I’ve added you to the list of folks looking for HIPAA compliance. I added your exact feedback for the product team to review :)

As one of the many new healthcare tech startups flooding the market, I’ll mention my use case:  As a healthcare provider, I need a HIPAA compliant fax service.  Zendesk for enterprise, which is HIPAA compliant, is our front end, but has no fax features.   I signed up Fax.plus, and would love to use Zapier to integrate it with Zendesk, but activating the HIPAA compliance features of Fax.plus turns off integration with Zapier. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for outlining your use case so clearly, @DrCase! I’ve passed your feedback and vote along to this feature request. While we don’t have updates to share at the moment around when/if this will become available, we’ll be sure to keep you in the loop as soon as we know more. 🙂

Hi - please add my vote as well. Healthcare has been transitioning to be more virtual but has RAPIDLY accelerated since COVID. Companies that support the healthcare industry want to easily connect to the tools used by everyone else out there who doesn’t need to maintain HIPAA compliance...without dedicating internal developer resources. Zapier becoming HIPAA compliant would be a huge benefit.