Question

When formula returns false, my Google Doc template not created

• 21 May 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve added a formatter>utility>spreadsheet style formula step.

Formula: ISBLANK(value)

the value is linked to a multiple choice answer in Typeform. If the user does not select the answer ISBLANK(value) returns true, if answer is selected the formula returns false. 

To achieve this i have copied the question ID, from a form where the question was completed, which roughly looks like this {}

If ‘Output: true’, then it’s formatted in a lookup.table into a paragraph which then populates a custom/template field in a template google doc.

When the zap completes, it creates a doc from a template.

Currently when the formula returns true the doc is being created with no problems.

When it returns false, the doc is not being created anymore? How can i stop this from happening? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @josef!

I wanted to check in with you on this one, since we didn't hear back after that last message from BowTieBots. Did you still need help here or were you able to resolve things? Please let us know :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@josef can you post screen shots of how your zap is set up for deciding whether or not to use the lookup table and what the create google doc from template step looks like?