Best answer

How do I post a Teams message in HTML format to make URL links clickable?

• 20 September 2020
  • 83 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi,

is there a way to post a Teams message as html format?
Currently it’s as text only and so e.g. URL links aren’t clickable atm when sending an automatic message to someone.

Maybe a switch which sets the content-type of the message to html or test if preffered would be very handy :)
Have a nice sunday!

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 December 2023, 10:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

83 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, folks! 👋

Thanks again for everyone’s patience here. I’m back with another update to share that the team have recently shipped some changes to the Microsoft Teams app which has fixed it. And so it’s now possible to use both HTML and markdown when sending messages with the Microsoft Teams app! 

If you have any trouble in selecting or using those new formatting options please do reach out to the Support team using the form here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks, it seems I spoke too soon!

There’s since been a number of reports that this new feature is not working quite as intended. As a result, the feature request as been reopened while this is being investigated. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. Thanks for your continued patience and understanding here. We’ll be sure to keep you all in the loop on this and we’ll let you know once this has been rectified.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

So sorry we missed your messages here previously @gaetansel, @Allanjjj, @cvelez, @GCS Operator and @ddaftech!

I’m happy to report that the feature request has since been implemented. So the Send Chat Message action now has the ability to handle both HTML and markdown notation in messages! 😁🎉

That said, please do let us know if you run into any issues in using HTML or Markdown with that Send Chat Message action. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡

Userlevel 1

I would like to add my vote, but I’m concerned that it’s been three years and there’s no progress yet. Is this really on the development list?

please add me to the list!

If this is not yet implemented, please add me to the list!

Please add my vote for this functionality too :)

I would like to add my vote in the feature request. Do we have visibility on when it could be rolled out ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Sjoerd 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll notify you via email once available. Thanks!

@afieldio  

You can contact us through this link: https://zapier.com/app/get-help and chat with our support team to accommodate your concern. We do apologize for the inconvenience. I also added you to this feature request.

Please add my vote for this functionality too :)

Hey Zapier - this has been something that is needed for over a year now. Do you know when this will be ready?

Is there any way to format a chat message?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @sysy 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll notify you via email once available. Thanks!

I would like this feature as well. Please add my vote so I can be notified when it’s ready. Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @KurtNelezen 

I would like this feature also.  Please add my vote.

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Emily S 

I would like to be added to the notification when it becomes available. Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @charles77 

I’ve added you to this feature request, we’ll keep you update via email once available. Thanks!

Please add me to this notification

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @rodcf 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request and we’ll keep you update via email. Thanks!

Also would like this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Absolutely @yannq 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request and we’ll keep you update via email. Thanks!

Please add my vote too, thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @DGFSHL 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request. We’ll send you email once an update is available. Thanks!

Add My vote too please! This complicates so much of my automation!