Best answer

Updated Field Not Triggering the ZAP

• 29 April 2021
  • 3 replies

I am starting a zap by looking for a updated field, where the TAGS field is the trigger. When a tag is added, it creates a TAG_NAME object in the list. I believe the zap doesn’t see this trigger event. Can someone help me? TAG_NAME is not a option I can select from the list either. I thought about tagging all records and refreshing data to see if Zapier sees the new object, but it doesn’t.

I am working with Insightly CRM.

In my coding mind, I would think everytime there is a tag change TAGS: should rotate between values such as 1 and 2. Oddly, TAG_NAME shows up when I am in a filter step.

icon

Best answer by william 14 June 2021, 22:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @cavucapital, hope you’re well, I just wanted to check in here!

I’ve been doing some digging on my side and it looks like this is not currently supported. We have a feature request filed to have a Tag Added to Contact trigger added to the Insightly integration. However, it looks like when this feature request was filed, the DATE_UPDATED_UTC timestamp is not changed when the only change made to a Contact is a tag change. This would explain why the Tag field isn’t registering as an updated field on a record.

It is likely that this functionality would require a change to Insightly's API to update this timestamp when a tag change is made. Then the Updated Field on Record trigger issue with tags would likely resolve on its own.

I’ve gone ahead and added your vote to this feature request, that way we can be sure to alert you ASAP if this is added by Insightly in the future.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @cavucapital 

What app are you using in the Zap?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@cavucapital 

I did recreate your issue and experienced similar results. The zap not firing when updating a contact record’s tags.

I think it would be best to report the issue for Zapier Support to have a look at.