Best answer

Update Trello Card from Salesforce Opportunity

Userlevel 1

I’ve searched the community but don’t seem to find an answer to my question. I want to accomplish updating a Trello card when a salesforce opportunity is updated. I created a Zap that identifies a salesforce opportunity record that has been edited then the step to update the Trello card based on the name of the opportunity. But the Trello card doesn’t update. The name is the same in both systems, so I can’t figure out why it doesn’t fire to update the Trello card. I’ve manually run the zap and see that it finds records, but the card is not updated. What am I missing?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 31 May 2022, 19:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Thank you! I added the Find Card then used the id in the Card field in the update Card zap action and that took care of it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @tonyk 

Good question.

You’ll need to use the Trello Card ID as part of the Trello Update Card Task.

You may need to first add a Trello Find Card step to your Zap.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the reply @Troy Tessalone  

Any details about using the trello card id would be appreciated. Or perhaps point me to resources here that can help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@tonyk 

The Trello Find Card Zap action step will return the Trello Card ID, that can be mapped to the Trello Update Card Zap action step using the ‘custom’ option as outlined here: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action#set-up-your-action