Best answer

Update manychat user when google sheet is modified

• 20 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi.

Here is what I am trying to achieve with little success:

Users interact with my manychat bot and provide their username, email and phone which are saved as custom fields and uploaded into a google sheet. The users in this case are requesting something which they generally have to wait a few hours to a day to get an answer on. Once we have an answer we will update the google sheet and would LIKE this update to be sent back as a message in manychat.

My issue is I have tried to set up the zap g sheet new or updated spreadsheet row > sent msg to many chat user based on the new data. I can get it to send to a specific user, but I am not sure how to send it to any random user when a cell has been updated - it will only send to the one i selected in the zap.

Should I be adding in a 3rd step to the zap to search for user name etc? Can't figure this out, please help!

icon

Best answer by SamB 23 July 2021, 11:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @aaronwhit,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome! :)

It looks as though ManyChat has a few different search actions to allow you to search for a user (by ID, by name or by custom field). So you could potentially use the Find User by Name action to search for the relevant user in ManyChat, using the username stored in Google Sheets.

That should then give you the User ID which you can then select in a Send Text Message to User or Send Dynamic Message to User step. You can find out more about using search steps like this here: Search for existing data in Zaps

Hope that helps get you headed in the right direction!