Question

Unable to get Order Number from Square

• 16 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m creating a zap to populate orders placed in my Square site on a google sheet but there isn’t an option to pull in the Order Number that is shown on the checkout page and sent to the customer via email. I see lots of “ID” options but is there an option to pull in that order number so I can quickly lookup  order details when a customer reaches out? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Zaphead!

I’m not seeing that the OP contacted our support team, so if they figured out we don’t know about it. When I check the API docs for Square I don’t see anything besides the Order ID that’s possible to access.

You might want to check with the Square team to see if they support an order number via their API. If not, then it’s unfortunately not something that can be added to the integration.

Did you ever figure this out? I’m facing the same issue.

Userlevel 1

Hey Troy - this is for Square. I have a customer facing website that is taking payment via Square. I can bring in every data point I need except the Order Number. The only field I can pull in that seems similar is an Order ID but thats a long string that doesn’t match the numerical order number that Square shows the customer…

Here’s the zap details:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Square or Squarespace?

If Squarespace, what payment processor are you using? (e.g. Stripe)

Perhaps provide screenshots of your Zap steps.