Question

Two Way Interface between Salesforce and Constant Contact

• 29 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Seems like this would be easy to do, but I am having trouble figuring it out.  My Marketing Dept. currently uses Constant Contact to send out mass e-mails, surveys, webinars, etc. to our network.  They track who opens the e-mails, who takes the surveys and who attends the webinars and who doesn’t.  They would like to have all of the tracking details from Constant Contact come over to Salesforce under each contacts page in a communications section that has been newly created as a related list.  I am not sure if that is the proper place to start for this request, that is the reason for my outreach here.  Has anyone been successful in a 2 way interface for this reason between Salesforce and Constant Contact?  Thank you in advance for any assistance.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @lerb were you able to set this Zap up the way that you needed? If you did, I’d love to know which field you used map the contact to Salesforce. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @lerb 

What you have described is a one-way transfer of data.  What is the two-way aspect?

There will be a number of different applications originating the trigger.  Constant Contact can be triggered on Email Open.  Taking surveys will come from the survey application. Registered and attended webinars will come from the webinar application.

So this would be a series of different Zaps each firing data into SFDC.  It sounds very possible.

Userlevel 1

Hi Davidh88,  You are correct, it is only a one way transfer of data...that was my error.  The first trigger I would like to get setup is the Constant Contact.  Once that is completed, I think the rest will become easier for me.  

I believe my first step would be to create the objects in Salesforce that I want to pull over from Constant Contact.  After that create the Zap. Will the Zap allow me to select the mutual field used to link the data between systems (which would be e-mail address) as well as select the location and fields the data gets copied into in Salesforce (I created a related list within the Contact Page)? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I believe so @lerb.  You would need to create the custom field in SFDC and see if they become visible to map in the zap.

Good luck

David