Best answer

Trying to connect Vimeo to YouTube

• 14 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Currently, our workflow is to host videos in Vimeo and add to our website/app. We are trying to start a YouTube channel and add our videos there, as well. I’m trying to connect the two, but when I test, I keep getting this error. 

I am assuming that I am linking the wrong video file field, but I can’t seem to find anything that works. HELP! I am not sure how to fix this. 

My current config:

I have also tried using the Embed code in the Video field, and the URI. I don’t know what else to try.  I’m not seeing ANY fields that are actual links to the .mp4 file. 

These are the available options (it’s a lot, sorry)

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by GlrcomsGemma 14 March 2020, 18:45

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 3

I have not had much dealings with Vimeo through Zapier, but working with multiple other social media channels I know the upload link needs to be a ‘direct download link’ 

basically if you pasted the link into google chrome it would need to do nothing but download the file. 

I know Vimeo business, premium and pro have access to direct download links but I am not sure how accessible this is through Zapier.

Userlevel 3

have you tried searching for the zap you want here? https://zapier.com/app/dashboard

there is a Zap that triggers when there is a new post to Vimeo and then uploads to Youtube?