Best answer

Trying to add a Calendly invite to another Gmail calendar

• 21 April 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, 

I’m trying really stuck here and my boss definitely not happy. I’m trying to make it so that when a Calendly invite is created, she is also included in the email. I keep getting an error every time

PLEASE HELP! I need to get this set up!

Moderator note: images cropped and/or obfuscated to remove personally identifiable information.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 23 April 2020, 11:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @PM Team I’m sorry that you’re having some trouble with your Zap, I think I can see what’s going wrong here. 

The Add Attendee/s to Event action is designed to add an attendee to an existing event. So in the ‘Event’ field of that step, you need to be selecting one specific event, rather than including all the details of the event. 

If the event doesn’t already exist in the calendar, you’ll need to add a step in the Zap to create the event before you can add the attendee. So your Zap would look like this:

1. Calendly - Invitee Created
  2. Google Calendar - Create Detailed Event

In the Create Detailed event step, you’ll also be able to add the attendees ie the person from Calendly

If the Event already exists in your Google Calendar, then we’ll need something a little different. You’ll need to search for the event first, so that you can get the ID of the event to use in the Add attendees step. In that case, the Zap would look like this:

1. Calendly - Invitee Created
  2. Google Calendar - Find Event
  3. Google Calendar - Add Attendee/s to Event (In the event field, use the ID of the event, which you will have from the 2nd step)

I hope that’s all clear!