Best answer

Trigger when Formidable form is Updated

• 28 December 2020
  • 2 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I have create a Zap to create a new entry on a google sheet hen a new form is created. I would like to create an entry on the same sheet when the data is updated. this will create an audit trail of the data as it is updated through this multi page form by users through editable views.

Is there a ZAP for triggering when an existing formidable form is updated?

icon

Best answer by sudesh 30 December 2020, 08:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hey @mavridispn

You need to create a new zap where you would need to select webhook as a trigger, this webhook link has to be set on formidable form update event, so whenever a form is updated it will trigger the zap and it will send the form data to zap.
After this, you need to select an action event "Lookup Spreadsheet Row" in google sheets, here on the basis of a unique field (like form id or email) you need to find the existing row and then set another action  "Update Spreadsheet Row" in google sheets which will use this row-id to update this specific row.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hey @mavridisp,

I have a question: Does that mean users basically fill out the same form again (Using same EMail) and then you want your googlesheet also to update? 

Let me know. I think we can easily solve this.