Best answer

Trigger: Move Jira ticket > Asana ticket movement

• 12 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

hi there, 

I’m kind of referring to this question here: 

but as far as I see this is still an ongoing topic. Nevertheless wanted to ask if someone has an idea how to realise the following scenario:

1. What I already have automised is once a Jira ticket w/ certain specs is created, a Asana ticket is created as well (✅)
  2. What I now want is moving the Asana ticket to a different column once the Jira ticket was moved to a different column (e.g. from column “Backlog” to column “In Progress” → same should happen on Asana as well as board structure is identical)

So what I’m searching for is:

• Jira trigger: Card movement
  • Asana action: card movement

Thanks for your help!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 12 August 2022, 16:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @claudiamichelbach!

That is a slightly different case (using a Zap action to update a column, rather than triggering a Zap when a column is updated), but I’m afraid that the answer is the same: it’s not currently possible, but we do have a feature request open for it. I’ve added you as an interested user on the feature request, so we’ll send you an email if there’s an update. 

I’m sorry that I don’t have better news for you on this one!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks 👋

Just wanted to pop by here with a quick update to share that the team has chosen not to proceed with the feature request at this time. Sorry to not be writing here with better news. We'll be sure to notify you immediately if there are any changes to the status of that feature request.

As a workaround, it might be worth trying Asana’s API Request action to update the task’s assignee_section to move it to a new column. It’s an advanced feature as you’d need to reference Asana's API documentation when setting up the request. But if that’s something you’d be interested in trying check out our Set up an API request action guide to learn more. 

Hopefully that workaround will do the trick. Please do reach out in Community if you have any questions or if there’s anything else we can help with in the meantime.