Best answer

Trello and Jira update cards

Hello guys, I wanted to ask, I easily set up the synchronization of adding new cards between Trello and Jira. But when I want to do an update synchronization, I am offered to link the necessary cards between the two systems. Cards are created all the time and there is no point in setting them up every time. Is this really how it's meant to be and is there no way to automate it?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 17 June 2022, 18:04

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @gules_wine 

Good question.

Check out some of these related Trello topics: https://community.zapier.com/search?q=trello%20trigger%20updated%20card

as far as I can see there is no good solution, this is strange, because during the automatic creation of a card in jira, it was possible to create a link for updates automatically

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @gules_wine!

I have some good news and not so good news here. The good news is that you can use the Trello New Activity trigger to have your Zap trigger when you update a card:

The not so great news is that the it might not work the way that you need it to, for a couple of reasons:

1. You can either trigger off all activity in Trello or you can trigger of a specific activity. There isn’t a specific activity for a Card updated but rather there are activities like a card description being updated, or a card being moved
  2. This Trigger will only work for activity that you do in Trello, it wont count activity from any other users. 

I know that this isn’t perfect, and we do have a feature request to change the Updated Card trigger so that it can be used for more than one card. I’ve added you as an interested user on that feature request, which lets the team know who many users are interested and means that we’ll send you an email if we have an update. 

I hope that helps!