Question

SurveyMonkey integration - missing basic fields but custom metadata is present

• 4 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi everyone,

I have a paid SM account. Integration with Zapier was super easy. However the issue is that the standard fields are not being passed by the integration. I just need First Name, Last Name and e-mail address which are mot defensively present in the SM recipients list. The interesting thing is that all custom fields from the SM recipient list ARE passed fine onto Zapier. 

I need the most basic, stock fields passed but I get blanks as you can see below:

The recipients list is properly populated in SurveyMonkey just fine, see below:

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @bubba198 

The Email or Name Fields Are Empty

SurveyMonkey responses have three default fields, Email, First Name, and Last Name. Those will only be populated from your SurveyMonkey address book if you are using an email collector. If you have a question on your survey that asks for their name or email, use the Responses field for that question when you match up the fields.

Some Fields Not Appearing

Do your fields have exactly the same name? If you have more than one question that is exactly the same, we will only see one of those. To resolve this you will need to make sure all of your questions on your survey are unique. If they are and you are still having some trouble, please don't hesitate to get in touch, we're happy to help!

Respondent ID Is the Only Appearing Field

If your Survey responses fields are not showing up when you are setting up your Zap, you might need to submit or refresh some sample data.

To fix this, simply submit a brand new survey response and fill in an answer for every single question. Once you have submitted that, head back to your Zap and you should then be able to find these.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thank you. I AM expecting this info from SurveyMonkey address book and I am using an email collector so all prerequisites are met.

I am NOT collecting these in the survey so just as you pointed out - they should populate but they do not?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@bubba198 

May make sense to open a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@bubba198 

Did you try submitting another test and pull thru new test values on the trigger step?

https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Troy Tessalone have not but given the anomaly I am seeing that’s a good suggestion, I will blow the entire survey, collector, etc and do it from scratch! Will report back once results are in