Question

Shopify to Wave invoice creation with Shipping and tax line items

• 2 February 2023
  • 4 replies

I’m trying to create a zap that creates Wave invoice whenever a new order in Shopify is created. However, I don’t see any way to add shipping line or Processing fees. This is important to us since we want customer to pay the invoice via Wave and be automatically exported from Shopify to Wave.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Hi Nick,

@nicksimard Here you go: I have tried to add a comma delimited step for the shipping.

The test action will result in 2 products yet Waves has to either recognized the product or create a new one if it does not exist in its database. Once the product is created it will actually create a product ID and this is where it goes bad. Waves works ok with the line items on its own yet when i add the shipping in the line itemizer. this is the result. It only creates one ID product.
In the product creation by waves, You can see in the setup action below that product and price are delimited no issue:

Yet it result in one id only:

The result in the invoice creation is that the product name of te product “sku” comes as a mix of both:

It is funny cause everything else is ok. Only the Title goes berzeck. Is there another command we can use such as “,” to force it to separate it?

Thanks mate for the input, i can feel we are quite close.

Thanks,
JC

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks @Rzcrew for sharing those screenshots!

Did you try adding the shipping and tax INSIDE the Line Itemizer step?

Something like this (I got the screenshot from this help doc):

Can you try this method, if you haven’t already, to see if this works?

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply.
Below is the picture of the way the Zap is working.

We already use the line itemizers which captures only the Line items information. As the Shipping and taxes are not considered as line items so it does not capture it unless i m missing something. I tried adding creating a product with the shipping and add it in the invoice creation delimited by a coma but it does not work.

The shopify Trigger works well. We retrieve most data needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Rzcrew!

If you don’t see a spot in the Wave step to enter those, you could look into the Line Itemizer, which is in the Utilities section of our Formatter app. You may already be using that.

Or do you mean that you’re not seeing shipping or processing fees as data being provided by the Shopify trigger?