Question

How is the update type “reassign” used in Sendinblue?

• 1 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Does anyone know, how in a Sendinblue action the update type “reassign” is properly used?

I tried it, but the update type seems to be out of function.

An reassign update would be tremendous helpful for my worflows: I do not use the integrated Sendinblue sign-up forms, because they are so limited. Instead, I’m using Optinmonster forms which are connected via Zapier to Sendinblue. The double-opt-in process due to GDPR has to be rebuild as an automation in Sendinblue, because it is connected exclusivly to the forms, not to lists. 

The problem in that framework is, that it is not possible to get contacts reassigned in case they unsubscribed formerly. A reassign would only be possible by a new subscription via a Sendinblue form or per API programming. Both of these are no option for me.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @kwnbs - thanks for reaching out in the community!

In the editor the reassign function is described as: 

“an existing SendinBlue contact will be removed from all SendinBlue list(s) they were in and be added to the list(s) selected above.”

I know you mentioned it appears to be out of function, can you clarify what you mean by that? Are you seeing a specific error when you attempt to use this action or is not performing as expected? If it’s the latter can you outline your desired workflow? It’s the former, screenshots of the error and where you’re seeing it as well as of your action setup (with any personal details/info blurred out) may be helpful as well! 

Thanks so much and looking forward to hearing more. 🙂