Best answer

Send Phone.com inbound SMS to Slack and Reply from Thread

• 7 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to figure out if this is possible. I already have a Zap set up to send the contents of an inbound SMS message via Phone.com to a channel in Slack. I’d like to then create a thread within Slack, type a reply, and have that message sent as an outbound SMS through phone.com. I think SMS by Zapier might be required in there somewhere, but I’m really stuck on how to set this up. Before I spend any more time trying to figure it out or consider hiring a contractor to get it done, I’d like to know this is even possible to accomplish with a multi-step Zap without another 3rd party application. Can anyone confirm this can be done? Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Wemakefuture 7 October 2020, 05:08

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Thanks.. I don’t think I’m going to go this route however; just not sure how to set it up & it’s not going to be worth hiring someone.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@ZapTestMaster yes can be done. Use something like a #tag or other symbol to easily map the start point of the reply:

#smsreply: Hi yes it's doable 👍