Best answer

How do I include event details in the reminders from Google Calendar?

• 26 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I’m trying to send an email reminder for upcoming events.  I’ve previously created a Google Calendar invite and sent to the group.  I’ve figured out how to send an automated message that generally reminds everyone who’s been invited (Basically, “there’s an event next week, check the old invite you already received”, but the reminder does not include event-specific information and most people are having difficulty finding the old invite/these reminders useful.  Is there a way to include event details in the reminders?

icon

Best answer by chanelle 26 September 2022, 19:02

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @7051llc

I may be able to help with this, let’s see if this works for you, please try the following:

Our first step will be setting up our trigger. You’ll want the event to be: “Event Start”, and your time unit in minutes. See below 

From there we’ll want to set up our Action Event as “Send Email”. Now let’s set up our action. You’ll follow the screenshots below:

Now what you’ve been looking for, let’s try this: 

Ideally, the HTML link will be the link to the invite. Does this help you out a bit? 👍👎

Thanks for this.  I added the HTML and also event details.  We’ll see if it works!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@7051llc Great! Let us know how things went and if you have any other questions along the way!