Best answer

Search a database/csv and display the results on a webpage

• 7 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi All,

I have a wordpress website setup for a local based store in my city. The type of product that customers purchase at this store take around 3 months to be ready for them to pick up. This product cannot be sold online/eCommerce as it requires to be built bespoke.

During the 3 months, there are a few updates on their order for example, measurements completed, manufacturing completed, etc.

All of the customer orders have a unique order number which are stored in a csv file and the csv file also contains the current status of the order. This is a very simple table where there is two columns - OrderNumber, OrderStatus.

What I require is to provide customers the ability to review their Order Status on the wordpress website - as follows:

1. Customer goes to www.company.co.uk/checkOrderPage
2. On this webpage, the customer is presented with a box to enter in their unique order number
3. Customer enters in the unique order number into the box and clicks a button
4. They are then displayed with the status of their order

How can this be achieved?

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by robschmidt 9 August 2021, 04:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @cloak 

The automation you are expecting is totally doable but the best way to do that would be developing the system within your website (by hiring a web developer) instead of going through Automation since there are latency and scalability issue.

One way you can do that is by sending the person an email instead of showing them a webpage. You will set a form in your website by Gravity Form for customers to submit their emails and unique order IDs. Then use that as a trigger and use “Lookup Spreadsheet Row” action from Google Sheet to find the corresponding data and send it to the customer using “Gmail” action.