Question

Salesforce to Facebook Conversion

• 16 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Hey guys, so here is my current set up. Facebook ads is connected to Salesforce so that a new lead is created when a user messages us from our ad. When that lead is created, all the necessary marketing identifiers are included - lead ID, ad set ID, campaign ID, etc. When the lead is converted, a separate record is created to trigger the zapier process. The zapier trigger should then push this conversion back into Facebook. What I don’t know is whether I should be using the Facebook Converions Integration or the Facebook Offline Converions Integration. I’ve tried both, and neither of the conversions or events that I sent in were “matched” to the user that clicked on the ad (which I don’t understand because the lead ID is unique to that user, right?). Anybody who has a similar use case know which is the way to go?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey! I’ve looked into this. and I can’t seem to see what’s going wrong.

Sorry, I can’t be of more help here - I believe you should be using the Facebook Conversions Integration. I’m not sure I’d be able to be of much more help you here, given your use case though, as it will require some deep digging into your data flow, and zap architecture. 

Here are the screenshots of the “Facebook Offline Conversions Integration” zap. The leads are the same as described above - this integration doesn’t require a pixel though. 

Thanks Andy, here are screenshots of the “Facebook Conversions Integration” zap. This one requires a pixel - but there is no action on the website. These leads are contacting us through messenger and then we contact them via phone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello! Would you mind sharing a screenshot of both zaps here? It’d be great to see at what point this is failing for you - In particular the point at which it’s not finding the conversion