Best answer

RSS Not working {{cid}}

• 12 January 2021
  • 23 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi, 

I have a few Zap’s that output to an RSS feed for newsletters. They seems to have stopped working and new ones don't work either. 

The URL that is created by Zapier is showing a variable label and not the value. 

Example: https://zapier.com/engine/rss/{{cid}}/whatever 

I’m sure this used to show the unique ID instead of the {{cid}} but, either way, copying the link displays a 404

Any ideas’s 

Cheers

icon

Best answer by jesse 5 March 2021, 19:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

23 replies

Userlevel 1

We are experiencing the same issue. When I setup an RSS for social media, the URL contains the {{cid}} instead of our account number which is preventing new working RSS URLs from being created and I am seeing the same {{cid}} there in all existing URLs. 

This appears to be a sweeping issue. Are you working to resolve this across all accounts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @michaelpool - I see you have reached out to Support and Laurie is helping to troubleshoot. I will let them continue to dig in and get you squared away!

@Currently Jason - the best folks to assist in this case would be our Support team. Adding to Troy’s post, they can be reached here to take a look at your specific configuration and troubleshoot!

Userlevel 1

I have the same issue (posting there to be updated)

Userlevel 1

I’m also affected and now following

Same issue here with cid variable in RSS feed url

Userlevel 1

Zapier responded to me, providing me with my “id” to replace/substitute {{cid}}.  It is the same for all of my rss feeds, so this is all I needed to be back in order for now.  Hope this helps.

Userlevel 1

@Currently Jason you can continue to build them. Look at anyone of your previous RSS feeds used in your app/page, copy that number ID which you see in the url and simply plug that in to your new rss endpoint. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Any update on this?  Zapier RSS feeds are still down.

I have an email stating that it’s a known problem that they are working on. I’ll update here when I get something else. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Update: This seems to be working for me now but no email confirming it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@IndustryWeapon @Nyx @Alberto Cantudo sorry you are encountering this! Our team is aware of the issue and are working on a fix- I've added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates via email! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey everyone! Just updating this thread to let y’all know that this issue has been resolved as of January 18th. We’ll be closing this thread. 

Userlevel 1

Same issue across all of our RSS zaps.

Userlevel 1

hi, any updates on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If this appears to be a bug, then it’s suggested to submit a ticket to Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

We are also having this issue… please fix it ASAP

Any updates? I really need this to work now.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Still waiting for updates but this is becoming more of an issue now. Any updates Guys? @Zapier 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Zapier responded to me, providing me with my “id” to replace/substitute {{cid}}.  It is the same for all of my rss feeds, so this is all I needed to be back in order for now.  Hope this helps.

Thanks for that @michaelpool . I have news ones that I want to build that I’m waiting on. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon.

Userlevel 1

Any update on this?  Zapier RSS feeds are still down.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Currently Jason you can continue to build them. Look at anyone of your previous RSS feeds used in your app/page, copy that number ID which you see in the url and simply plug that in to your new rss endpoint. 

Ah ok, got you. I thought they were unique to the URL and not the account. That helps, cheers

Yeah, I am experiencing the same issue. Does anyone have a fix?

I will be using another service until this is fixed.

It’s really annoying…

If you could tell a way to substitute {cid} for other value...

Userlevel 1

Can anyone recommend a different platform in the interim, I have a large client unhappy.